Friday, May 11, 2012

more thoughts about moms

~*here*~

just thinking about mother's day still.

my mom went to HP's swimming lesson with me today...we had so much fun. eli (my little-ist brother) came too and got to swim with his nephew. we went to DQ and then we hit BAM and browsed the child books. such small little things. but we laughed so much and talked so much and enjoyed our time so much.

tomorrow my Aunt Karen goes to put flowers on Grandma's grave...instead of picking her up from New Smyrna and bringing her here for Mother's day. this hit me really hard as i got out of the shower...and i had to have a cry-it-out really quick before my husband caught me naked, sobbing into a towel, heh.

my mom's best friend, and someone i love very much, is spending her Mother's day this year fighting breast cancer. i sent her a surprise package for Mother's day with 2 knitted wash cloths that had a ribbon and the words "hope" and "cure" on them and a pink knitted bag with the ribbon emblem on its side. i learned a lot of knitting techniques, and sent my dear friend some handmade goodies for Mother's day. she's a new grandmother this year too.

my sister-in-law Kim and my mother-in-law both spend this Mother's day without their spouses for the first time.

i really just want all mothers everywhere to have a really, really, really good day this Sunday. and that's the thought that has been stuck in my mind for the last few days. i can't stop thinking about making sure as many of the moms i know get a little ray of happiness this weekend. i'm obsessing over it. it's keeping me awake at night!

<3
~*mandy*~

No comments:

Post a Comment