Wednesday, May 9, 2012

a random thought

i once read that the older you are, the harder it is to learn new things. i say: screw that.

every tuesday night i sit at a knitting class with my mother, my niece, and some ladies old enough to be my grandmother or my mother or my best friend. and we're all learning to knit...at the same pace. we're all enjoying each other's company.

i absolutely adore the fact that i can now knit and crochet. i'm looking forward to learning to quilt this summer. my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are going to teach my mom and i to quilt. i think that's amazing.

i'm going to learn to can my own food this summer too. my mom is a teacher and will have the summer off...and i fully intend to buy some supplies, ask her to help me watch my beautiful baby boy, and we're going to can foods. (which i will put aside and later give out to family and friends as Christmas gifts - God willing that i have any skills at canning!)

so. age cannot and will not hold me back. and it doesn't seem to hold many of the people around me back. my 80-ish year old neighbor who has had so many life-threatening illnesses within the last year still gets out every day and works around his shop and yard. he hops on his John Deere tractor and bush-hogs his huge yard. he fixes things. and he enjoys his life to the fullest.

and by golly - i'm going to too. i'm thanking God for all the amazing things i've learned, and will learn in the future. and i'm glad that He has gifted me with the ability to learn and love and have so much fun. and for all the blessings He has placed in my life.

what wonderful random thoughts. what a wonderful and amazing God <3

~*mandypandy*~

No comments:

Post a Comment